Writing is a passion…I’ve been working with a partner to write a novel. We have taken our passions and applied them into storytelling. What have I learned over this process…here it is….
Using Scrivener to map out Stronger Together
In the midst of editing, when time allows, I am organizing our brainstorming for our second book, Strong Together. I have utilized several resources, and ideas, and refined them to suit my needs, my partner needs.
We both learned several lessons from our first steps on this journey.
- Writing takes patience, time, and effort. Constant examination of our ourselves and our dreams
- Write, write, read, write, write, read, edit, write, edit, write.
- Make a commitment to the writing process.
- Keep a journal for ideas, and take the time to organize.
- Historical fiction needs fact checking, and understanding the time and space in which your characters live.
- Don’t be afraid. Let your fears have their voice.
- Even a measured dose of failure, is a success
- Set realistic goals and objectives with a timeline of delivery. Make them adaptable, and flexible. This is about quality…
View original post 38 more words